Asian Chicken Salad

Asian Chicken Salad

Since the New Year I have been all about the greens.

Salad greens that is.

There are so many possibilities when it comes to creating a delicious salad. It seems almost impossible to create a non-delicious salad. Throw in some veggies, fruit, nuts, dried berries, cheese, or just about anything your mind can come up with... it's simple!

I love this salad for so many reasons.

The bright colors, the bold flavors, the sweet, the tangy, the crunch, the simplicity.

It's ridiculously easy to throw this salad together for a quick lunch or a nice pair to spicy Kung Pao Chicken Dinner.

A quick note to this Asian Chicken Salad- I have found the BEST dressing for this creation. It's the Asian Toasted Sesame dressing by Kraft. I use the Light{compared to the regular you'd never know the difference}, and I still enjoy all the flavor with less guilt.

Aren't these the cutest measuring cups you've ever seen? They remind me of little baby blue tea cups. I want to have a tea party every time I take them out!

They were given to me from a dear friend that just happens to be one of the luckiest ladies I know. She was given them by someone everyone knows.

Just a nice lady named OPRAH!!

My friend was one of the lucky 12 that won Oprah's Favorite Things from the online drawing! I'm talking about over $29,000 worth of things! {I feel like I know a celebrity!}

I still can't believe she just gave me these. I love them! Thanks Holly!

You'll love this salad, I promise!

Asian Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
4 cups shredded cabbage
2 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup Mandarin oranges
1 red bell pepper, sliced
3/4 cup broccoli florets
1/3 cup diced green onions
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
Chow Mein crunchy noodles


Leftover Skillet Scramble

I sure hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas, filled with lots and lots of food!

This was my first year to ever be away from family during the holidays. It was up to me to provide Christmas dinner for our little family of five. I did a classic family dinner of ham, casserole potatoes {I need to share this recipe with you}, green beans, and rolls. Followed of course by a pumpkin pie.

It turned out perfectly, but having a fridge the size of a small child leftovers are something that can't stay around for too long. Needless to say, we have been eating ham, casserole potatoes, green beans, and rolls for the past couple days. {the pumpkin pie didn't make it that long}


Which brings me to what we consumed for breakfast. A nice combination of leftovers all mixed together with eggs and cheese {seriously...who doesn't love eggs and cheese?}

Here's what I used: a few pieces of ham, half an onion, two slices of thick bacon, half of a baked potato, some green onions, eggs, and cheese.

{PS- can you tell what I got for Christmas??}

Add about a tsp of oil to a hot skillet and throw in the diced onion, and sliced bacon.

 Saute until the onions are translucent and the bacon is cooked.

I peeled the skin from the potato and diced it up.

Dice up a few pieces of ham. Since the ham and potato are already cooked, you wont need to cook them again in the skillet.

Toss them both in the skillet and give it a good toss and let it warm up.

 In a separate bowl combine 5 eggs, salt and pepper. Whisk together.

Pour the eggs over the skillet, and add the diced green onions.

{now can you guess what I got for Christmas??}

With a wooden spoon stir slowly to let the eggs cook.

Once the eggs are firmed up, top the skillet with a handful {or two} of shredded cheese. I prefer sharp cheddar, it is bursting with flavor.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...